High Pressure Premium - HPS Series
The Honeywell Pressure Switches, High Pressure Premium, HPS Series is a portfolio of durable, reliable electromechanical gauge pressure on/off switches that are available with either single pole single throw (SPST) normally open or normally closed circuitry, or single pole double throw (SPDT) circuitry. The HPS Series’ IP67 environmental sealing and high proof pressure and burst pressure ratings allow for use in a variety of rugged applications that require the making or breaking of an electrical connection in response to a pressure change of the system media.
The media (gas or liquid) pressure is applied via the port of the switch. The media pushes against a piston. There is a pre-tensioned spring on the other side of the piston. If the force resulting from the pressure is greater than the tension on the spring, then the piston will move the electrical contacts within the switch. If the contacts are normally open when no pressure is applied, they close on increasing pressure when the set point is reached. On decreasing pressure, the contacts will open again at a pressure somewhat less than the set switching point. The difference between the activation point on increasing pressure and the deactivation point on decreasing pressure is called hysteresis. The set point pressure for the switch can be configured such that the switch will actuate on increasing or decreasing system pressure.
- Pressure switching point range (150 psi to 4500 psi [10 bar to 310 bar]): Allows for potential use in a wide range of applications
- Up to ±2% switching point accuracy: Provides efficient operation of equipment
- -40 °C to 120 °C [-40 °F to 248 °F] operating temperature range: Allows for use in rugged outdoor applications
- 5 mA to 5 A switching capability: Allows for potential use in a wide range of applications, from heavy loads to those connected to an electronic control unit
- Hysteresis option: Helps improve system operation
HPS Series Brochure
Contact your local sales office or email email@example.com for more information.