Whether it's collision avoidance, air-to-ground communications or in-flight entertainment, today's avionics manufacturers face a challenging economic environment and an ever-increasing demand for weight reduction, streamlined maintenance designs and aerodynamic efficiency. With those goals in mind, Tyco Electronics re-engineered the entire design and production process to create the lowest cost and lightest ARINC 600 connector on the market.
Tyco Electronics engineers were able to create a lighter connector with considerable cost savings by utilizing a stamped and formed contact system versus the traditional, screw-machined contact system. The stamped system also allowed for selectively plating only the critical socket contact tines with gold instead of the whole contact, decreasing gold plating costs. In addition, weight was also reduced by changing to hollow contacts instead of the solid contacts used in the legacy design. Moreover, moving to a monoblock insert simplified the production process, saving even more.
By combining innovative technology and production processes with enduring ARINC 600 standards, the new ARINC 600 Next-Generation Receptacle Connector offers:
- significant cost reduction
- equivalent performance to traditional ARINC 600 connectors
- robust stamped and formed contact system
- up to 10 percent weight reduction per connector
- completely inter-mateable with existing ARINC 600 plug connectors
- solder-tail version available for complete backwards compatibility with legacy printed circuit board designs
- press-fit (eye of needle) compliant tail version available for future box designs, yielding all of the previously discussed connector cost and weight savings, along with applied cost savings for avionics customers.
- Inter-mateable with existing ARINC 600 plug connectors
- Monoblock single-piece inserts simplify the manufacturing process
- Equivalent electrical performance vs current design
- Avionics Boxes
- Military Ground Vehicles
ARINC 600 Next Generation Receptacle Connector Brochure
Contact your local sales office or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.